Sunday, May 14, 2006

Spontaneous Pirate Day!


So it would seem there are very few people who actually check this blog on a regular basis. But this was expected. Well, to those of you who do manage to drop by and check out what I have done, I raise my glass to you all. I appreciate the support in all forms. You are all true friends. So as for the post. This is of course meant to be a nod to you all for checking in and up on me, but as most ( if not all ) of you know, I am a big fan of pirates. I think every boy grows up imagining he is a pirate, a super hero, and/or a ninja. Well for this over sized boy, I have always been a fan of pirates and their rebellious nature. While living in SF, my friend Chris and I would have a Spontaneous Pirate Day. This meant that we would show up to the gym that we worked at dawning eye-patches, bandanas, and showing nothing but pirate movies on the televisions. It was always a good time asking everyone around why they weren't dressed up for pirate day and asking them if they got the memo. And of course, we never sent a memo. But it was fun to see how sad they would be thinking they missed out of this event. Yeah, we were jerks that way...but it's the pirate way...arrrrgggghh!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yarrr! Pirate day is not the same with out you. When it's just one person you are not part of an event, you are just that odd guy with a towel on his head.

akt said...

is that photo ref from Carol's class? Jesse jesse! Gneep gnorp FLEEEP! bleeeh...

eltoromuerto said...

Good eye, my man. Funny thing is that you're in the BG of some of the pics. Good times!