Thursday, December 11, 2008

Skydrawl


Looking through my collection of head shots I saw a theme that needed to be changed. All the sketches were of men! So to rectify the problem I decided to do a female character I really enjoyed. So here is Noa, from Sky Doll. I really love how this one came through. I feel sometimes I struggle with getting the image to come out on the page just as I see it. Or I only getting a hint of what I want to draw and then it seems to all fall in place when I sit down with the pencil and ink. But this one came through exactly as I had envisioned. I might even spend some time later doing a color version of this. But for now, I am happy with the ink!

2 comments:

akt said...

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason! It's Lauren Kelly. I've never taken a look at your blog before and am now even more awed by your talent! I usually get to see you make Matt's work more awesome, but not your own stuff. I had to comment on this, because I LOVE the Sky Doll style and I've been bugging Matt to pull the comics out so I can read them. I've been trying to learn the style(although I'm not the greatest artist...). We miss you SO much and hope to see you soon. *huggies and buggies*