Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Still slinging ink.


Just wanted to post up another SDCC ink sample for you all. This one is penciled by Leinil Yu and inked by yours truely.
The new year has me working on even more stuff. Hopefully I will have some newer stuff up for you all in the next week or so. But as it is I am going crazy keeping up with the pile on my plate. I know I haven't been in contact with all of you on a regular basis, and for that I am sorry. I get caught up in all the work. But know that I appreciate the comments and the support. You all are great friends. Thanks guys and gals. I hope to do you proud in the coming year.
Oh, and of course: This image is copyrighted by the respective owners and included solely for the purpose of scholarly review.

3 comments:

StudioRisingStar said...

Classic inks Jase!
What ink do you use and how do you get crisp edges?

-SRS

eltoromuerto said...

I usually use Winsor & Newton-951 Black Indian ink and a Princton Art #4 for fills. I Also use a number of tech pens and a Pentel FP10 brush pen. I will also use a Crow quill and F & W acrylic ink to get some really nice lines. In short I use just about whatever I can find and then some. I try a lot of techniques and use whatever works for that time. But I tend to ink on Strathmore 100lb Vellum Bristol. Because I like my paper to have a little "tooth" to it.

Gerrad McConnell said...

Hey bro,

I still feel you should inking Yu now, maybe give him a bit of clarity to the muddy mire he has been slipping into.